Virtual Gala Free Mini-Course
The Vital Elements of a Virtual Gala Timeline
There are a lot of decisions to make in the planning of your first ever Virtual Gala, but none are more important than your timeline.
In this free mini-course, we'll cover:
- The distractions that you're up against.
- How to preserve the patience equity of your guests.
- The ideal length of your virtual gala.
- The importance of a pre-roll powerpoint presentation.
- Being intentional about the "start" of your event.
- How to handle guest speakers.
- How Housekeeping details help your fundraising effort.
- The pluses and minuses of sharing an Agenda with the audience.
- The best way to include expert testimony during your event.
- The incredible importance of your mission moment.
- Conducting a paddle raiser virtually.
- Conducting a live auction virtually.
- Closing out the Virtual Gala.
- How to use a post-roll powerpoint to create a soft landing for your guests.
Reggie Rivers is a former NFL running back who played six seasons with the Denver Broncos (1991-1996).
Reggie founded The Gala Team in 2013, and recruited other auctioneers, trained gala consultants and built a company that has helped hundreds of nonprofits raise tens of millions of dollars.
When COVID-19 hit in March 2020, Reggie and his team quickly pivoted to virtual galas, and performed 60+ events in 2020. He has taken the lessons learned from those dozens of events to create courses to help other nonprofits create successful virtual events.